Balance Patch, New Test Map, and Daedalus Fix
Nakatoir posted the StarCraft II team wishes players to help test a small balance patch to be deployed sometime this week. Players will test the Protoss versus Terran, with changes to Time Warp, EMP and Ghosts now have energy upgrade built-in. There is also a small fix for Daedalus Point.
We’d like to make a small balance patch this week in order to help address PvT concerns, as well as implement a small fix for Daedalus point. Of the changes we’ve tested so far, we feel ready to make the Time Warp and EMP changes right now, but we’ll continue testing other changes as well in case we need to make further adjustments.
We’ll try our best to make these changes within a week:
- Time Warp cost increased from 75 to 100
- Ghosts start with the energy upgrade built in
- Make the natural expansion ramp smaller on Daedalus Point.
Here are a few things we’d like to continue testing on a new balance test map:
- We’d like to try out a sight range nerf to the Mothership Core, as commonly requested by the community. We also believe this could be a really solid direction if the Time Warp and EMP changes aren’t enough.
- We’d still like to include a Hydralisk buff (but not as big as the current one we’re testing) of some sort for two reasons: To bring more Hydras into play in ZvZ as well as help Roach/Hydra to be more viable vs. Terran.
- Late game PvZ in Europe is something we’d still like to look into testing/addressing. Looking at games in Korea, we’d still like to keep testing the Tempest change and not touch Swarm Hosts themselves if we can.
Please keep the discussions happening and constructive feedback is always welcome. Thank you. – source