Project Blackstone – Chit Chat Among Telepaths
Winlaleah takes the opportunity to thank Jake for rescuing her from Senior Protoss Specialist Dr. Warren G. Held in the recent BioLab 4 incident.
Jake talks about his close encounter experience when Zamara’s mind was merged within his own brain — as seen in the pages of the StarCraft: Dark Templar trilogy by New York Times bestselling author Christie Golden.
I got a bit curious. Recently, Jake Ramsey and Dr. Talen Ayers were discussing what happened in the BioLab 4 incident.
Jake had called for help to save Winlaleah from Dr. Warren Held. However, because of his telepathic sensitivity Jake understood he might have actually saved Dr. Warren from her instead. She was a former Ghost Academy trainee, with the martial art prowess and lethality of a ghost.
Apparently, Winlaleah had triggered some thoughts within Dr. Warren with her telepathy to force him to cause the incident — as seen in #09 Chat Log at the Project Blackstone website. Possibly so she could have an excuse to beat him up.
Jake asked Winlaleah indirectly to set up his trap — I guess, attempting to get a confession from her of what truly happened in that incident. However, she elegantly changes the subject when Jake Ramsey brings it up in today’s Twitter conversation.
Dr. Leah A. Martine: I never thanked you for helping me last week. I can’t believe Held actually had a psychotic breakdown.
Dr. Leah A. Martine: Well… maybe I can.
Dr. Leah A. Martine: I’m glad you were there.
Dr. Jake Ramsey: Don’t mention it. Seemed like you had things under control, to be perfectly honest.
Dr. Jake Ramsey: I’m curious, though–did you ever pick up on any warning signs from Held?
Dr. Leah A. Martine: So a teep should’ve seen it coming, right? You seem to know a lot about telepathy for someone who’s mostly hard-shell.
Dr. Leah A. Martine: Tell me, professor: while the protoss was in your mind, could you predict every single action the people around you might take?
Dr. Leah A. Martine: If so, you were a stronger telepath than I am.
Dr. Jake Ramsey: When Zamara was a part of me, I knew things–things even some protoss don’t know. But I was never in complete control.
Dr. Jake Ramsey: You are. I can’t explain it, but I get the feeling you’re attuned to people better than you think.
Dr. Leah A. Martine: Thanks. Though I still have my doubts.
Dr. Leah A. Martine: I have to say that I’m amazed at how perceptive you are, even if it is involuntary.
Dr. Leah A. Martine: Your mind is a joy to witness. The way your thoughts flash & shift. The complexity & unpredictability of your mental landscape.
Dr. Jake Ramsey: You know, I think you’re the first person I’ve met who’s described an archaeologist’s mind as anything but ponderous.
Dr. Jake Ramsey: But thanks. Guess I should get started on prepping for our next round of tests.
Dr. Leah A. Martine: Hang on, professor. Are you trying to hide your thoughts from me?
Dr. Jake Ramsey: It’s only natural, isn’t it? With all the surveillance on this rock, thoughts are the only privacy we have.
Dr. Leah A. Martine: True enough. But if you ever want to discuss telepathy again, let me know. I could teach you a few things.
Go to twitter, and create a new LIST. Title it as “Project Blackstone Crew”. Add all of the Project Blackstone characters to the LIST by visiting their page and clicking the arrow (located left of the “Follow” button) and choosing “Add or Remove from List”. Then check mark “Project Blackstone Crew”.
Project Blackstone Characters on Twitter
- Jake Ramsey (Xenoarchaeologist/Protoss Specialist): https://twitter.com/JakeJRamsey
- Adjuntant 33-27: http://twitter.com/Adjutant3327
- Dr. Helek Branamoor (Chief of Research, Project Director): http://twitter.com/HelekBranamoor
- Major Lee Treicher (Head of Security): http://twitter.com/LeeTreicher
- Dr. Daniel Rothfuss (Astrophysicist): http://twitter.com/DanielRothfuss
- Dr. Talise Cogan (Xenobiologist): http://twitter.com/TaliseCogan
- Dr. Warren G. Held (Xenobiologist, Senior Protoss Specialist): http://twitter.com/WarrenGHeld
- Redell “Red” Quinton (Chief Engineer): http://twitter.com/RedellQuinton
- Dr. Talen Ayers (Xenobiologist, Senior Zerg Specialist): http://twitter.com/TalenAyers
- Dr. Leah A. Martine (Xenobiologist): http://twitter.com/LeahAMartine
- Dr. Pamela G. Foster (Chemical Engineer, Explosives Expert): http://twitter.com/PamelaGFoster
- Dr. Vera Langridge (Xenobotanist): http://twitter.com/VeraLangridge