Razer Blade — First Wave on Sale and Shipping Early February 2012
Update: To the thousands who criticized Razer because the Razer Blade is expensive, and prefer to grab a cheaper laptop … Razer now tells you:
Min-Liang Tan: “OMFG. Less than 30 minutes and we sold out of EVERY.SINGLE.ONE. of our first batch of Razer Blades. Our next batch will be in about 2 weeks and we’re making as many as we can. Hang in there. This is f#[email protected]% amazing.” — twitter
Razer: The overwhelming demand for the Razer Blade has depleted our first wave of units and we are already sold out within 30 minutes. Rest assured that we’re working hard to meet the demand and get them back in stock by mid February. We will update you again once our next batch is finished and we are doing all that we can to keep up with the demand. Those who are signed up for the notification email will know as soon as they are back in stock, so be sure to sign up for that if you haven’t already. We appreciate your continued support and interest in the Razer Blade.
Razer has announced the Razer Blade is finally available. Pre-order now, and the Razer Blade will ship to your home in a week — early February 2012.
- Salutation Razer Faithful:
We’ve got awesome news – The Razer Blade is in stock and going on sale on January 27th at 9PM PST (tonight). Follow the link below to lock down your system. Get your F5 key ready as there are limited number of units available for this exclusive first wave, so move quick. We sincerely appreciate your support on this momentous launch and we look forward to getting our Masterwork system in your hands soon.
The Razer Team
Along with the Razer Blade for $2799, Razer is adding a Razer Orochi Blade Edition mouse at no extra cost ($79.99 value).
- Min-Liang Tan
Alright guys, the Razer Blade is available for order, shipping next week in very limited quantities. For all those that manage to put in your order, let me make it clear that I won’t be responsible if you get mugged when you have a Razer Blade. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy your Blade as much as we loved designing and engineering it for you.
- Intel® Core™ i7 Processor
- Dual Core w/ Hyper-Threading – 64Bit
- CPU: 2.8GHz (Base) / 3.5GHz (Turbo)
- Intel® HM65 Express Chipset
- 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz
- 17.3” Full HD 16:9 Ratio, 1920×1080 LED Backlit
Graphics and Video
- Integrated Intel® GMA HD – Mobile Mode
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 555M 2GB DDR5 VRAM Using NVIDIA Optimus™ Technology
- 256GB SATA III SSD w/ TRIM Support
- Razer™ Switchblade User Interface
- Razer™ Anti-Ghosting Keyboard
- Razer™ Synapse 2.0 Enabled
- Built-in HD Webcam (2.0MP)
- Built-in Speakers
- Integrated Digital 7.1 Surround Audio Support (via HDMI 1.4) Dolby® Home Theater® v4 Audio
- 1x HDMI 1.4 Audio and Video Output (Supports NVIDIA 3DTV) 1x USB 3.0 2x USB 2.0
- 1x 3.5mm Audio Microphone/Headphone Combo Jack
- 1x Kensington Lock
- Integrated 60Wh Battery
- Compact AC Adapter (120Watt)
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet Port
- 1x Integrated Intel Wi-Fi 802.11 B/G/N
- 1x Integrated Bluetooth® 3.0
Size and Weight
- Width: 16.81 inches (42.7cm)
- Depth: 10.90 inches (27.7cm)
- Height: 0.88 inches (2.24cm)
- Weight: 6.4 pounds (2.92kg)
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
Tomas Hernandez is owner of Blizzplanet.com since 2003. I post news about World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, Diablo III, Hearthstone, Overwatch, Heroes of the Storm, Blizzard Careers, and the Warcraft film.
Blizzplanet is a leading fansite covering news about upcoming Blizzard Entertainment licensed products. I also post previews and reviews. I have interviewed book writers and Blizzard game developers.
I was previously an employee of the OGaming Network (2003), and IncGamers (2008-2010). I was a guest newsposter for GosuGamers (World of Warcraft) a few years ago and for Diablofans.com (formerly Diablo3.com)
***Fans who would love to watch Blizzard-related panels and appreciate our efforts can support Blizzplanet’s patreon in a monthly-basis, or a one-time basis. Our staff are volunteer fans like you. Your donatives will help us travel to all the Blizzard events we attend year-round.