StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty Patch 1.5.3 – Patch Notes
Blizzard Entertainment released StarCraft II Patch 1.5.3 today. There doesn’t seem to be multiplayer balance. The patch mostly addressed a lot of UI, graphical and feature bug fixes.
- The Current Season snapshot has been added back to the Profile summary.
- Burning Tide has been republished and is once again available for play in the custom games section of the StarCraft section.
- Asset loading performance has been improved.
- Fixed a number of crashes, desyncing issues, and file corruption that could occur when attempting to play games on Arcade.
- The AlternateLowTextures variable has been re-enabled in variables.txt.
- Manually-bound hotkeys now properly override grid hotkeys.
- Bonus Combat Attributes that use negative values now work properly.
- Increased and decreased weapon speeds effects are now displaying their proper red or green text color.
- Using triggers to change ownership of Protoss buildings no longer results in some buildings remaining unpowered.
- Rich Vespene Geysers now properly return 6 gas per trip instead of 8.
- The Graphics Options Changed indicator now properly displays next to the Options menu item.
- Fixed a UI error that would occur when viewing the Load Menu.
- The frame rate value displayed in the CTRL + ALT + F overlay and the Menu display are now consistent.
- Fixed an issue where shadows on the Hyperion appeared in lower resolutions in the background of the Battle.net UI
- Fixed an issue where item stack amounts would not increase or decrease properly.
- Fixed an issue where damage shield buffs were not displaying a status bar if their buff duration was zero.
- BattleTags now populate in the real name section for BattleTag friends.
- Chat that is entered into the Party chat window now displays as a whisper to members of the party that are in-game.
- The count of bookmarks that have been used or remain available for use now properly appears in the Arcade Bookmarks page.
- Republishing a StarCraft map as an Arcade map without changing the map name no longer causes the map to display in the wrong area.
- Date formats now display in the proper format according to region.
- The league icon displayed in the Quick Match page is now centered.
- Fixed an issue where the Show More button would stop functioning when navigating between the Create Game and Join Game tabs.
- Fixed an issue where logging in with a Starter Edition account would sometimes cause the client to become unresponsive.
- Units that are morphing no longer have a chance to become stuck and frozen in their cocoon state if they are beneath a Hatchery.
- Textures on the Mar Sara tileset no longer paint improperly in the Editor.
- CPU usage is now optimized while streaming data.
- Fixed an issue in certain localized clients where special characters would display improperly in custom hotkey profiles.
Tomas Hernandez is owner of Blizzplanet.com since 2003. I post news about World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, Diablo III, Hearthstone, Overwatch, Heroes of the Storm, Blizzard Careers, and the Warcraft film.
Blizzplanet is a leading fansite covering news about upcoming Blizzard Entertainment licensed products. I also post previews and reviews. I have interviewed book writers and Blizzard game developers.
I was previously an employee of the OGaming Network (2003), and IncGamers (2008-2010). I was a guest newsposter for GosuGamers (World of Warcraft) a few years ago and for Diablofans.com (formerly Diablo3.com)
***Fans who would love to watch Blizzard-related panels and appreciate our efforts can support Blizzplanet’s patreon in a monthly-basis, or a one-time basis. Our staff are volunteer fans like you. Your donatives will help us travel to all the Blizzard events we attend year-round.