Backwater Station | StarCraft: Remastered (Terran Campaign #3)
Adjutant: Receiving incoming transmission. Com-link established:
Raynor: Hey, what’s up, man? Got yer refugees tucked in nice and tight. Provided you can sidestep anymore surprises from our Confederate friends, and we can keep them away from those critters, they should have an easy time.
Adjutant: Priority alert! Backwater Station under attack by unknown alien organisms. Distress beacon activated at 0658. Alerting Confederate headquarters on Tarsonis…. Stand by for incoming transmission.
Duke: We’ve already received the distress beacon from Backwater, and we’ll take care of it. You just sit tight. You’ll be notified if there’s anything we think you need to know.
Raynor: Damn! Listen, if we wait for Confederate reinforements, that station’s dust. I’ll head out there now, do what I can. You send in some militia, and we’ll save those folks. Trust me.
Office of the Colonial Magistrate
Mar Sara Colony
- Eradicate the alien infestation.
- Raynor must survive.
Raynor: Glad to see you, boys. Time to kick some serious butt.
EDITOR: You start the mission with 200 and 200 ; 4 Marines, 2 SCVs, and Raynor.
In addition, a Command Center, a Barracks, and 2 Supply Depots already on the map.
The 2 Supply Depots raise you to 6/26 units at the beginning.
- Send the 2 SCVs to mine Minerals.
- Click the Command Center and Press S to train 2 SCVs — 50 1 .
- Click the Barracks and Press M to train a Marine.
- Use Raynor to kill and micro the Zerglings located a bit north. The Vulture is able to shoot from afar. Shoot and kill a Zergling with the Vulture. Then run away, south, until the Zerglings break aggro. Then shoot the next target, and rinse and repeat. The Zerglings won’t damage Raynor doing it this way.
- Continue to train more SCVs and Marines as soon as the previously queued ones spawn.
- Send Raynor up the ramp, north of your camp.
Raynor: What the hell is that? Looks like the ground there is alive.
- Use the hit and run tactic with Raynor’s Vulture. There are 5 Zerglings stacked in the same spot.
- Command your 5 Marines to help you destroy the Zerg Creep Colony.
- Train more SCVs and Marines in a 1/1 ratio for now as Minerals become available while doing the killing task at the zerg area. By now you should have 7 SCVs, and 1 on queue.
- Bring Raynor and the 5 Marines to the abandoned Terran Base’s Bunker to unlock access to that Bunker. 2 SCVs will spawn. Send them to mine Minerals at the Mineral patch located at the top of the mini-map. Send Raynor all the way north and get near each building to unlock access to it. There are 2 Barracks, a Command Center, 2 Bunkers, and a Terran Academy.
Raynor: These things have been out here awhile. But they could be pretty useful.
- Get near the second and third bunker. 5 Firebats will spawn and join your team.
Rescued SCV: Thanks for the rescue. We’ve been holed up in these bunkers for days hiding from the Zerg!
Rescued Firebat: Need a light?
- Continue to queue Marines and rally them to the new base to join you.
- Select Raynor and the 5 Marines and press 1. This will keybind all of these units into Group 1. Press 1 any time to command Group 1.
- Select the 5 Firebats and Press 2 to keybind those units into Group 2.
- Line up the Marines and Firebats about 2 inches away from the purple creep on the ground a bit east from the new base.
- Now use Raynor to shoot at the pack of 10 Zerglings. Lure any that chases Raynor into the Marines/Firebats group. Hit and run tactics so that some of the Zerglings break aggro.
- Click the Command Center, and press C to build a Comsat Station . This became unlocked when you got near the Terran Academy building at the new base. It costs 50 and 50 .
- Use the Comsat Station to reveal a circle area in the map whenever you want to see what’s ahead without danger. Feel free to view the mini-map image at the bottom of this page to see where the zergling packs are located at.
- Click the second Command Center at the top of the map. Train more SCVs and Marines, if you wish.
- Bring your troops to the ramp to the southeast. There are 2 Hydras and 1 Zergling. Kill the Zergling first.
- Before going up the ramp at the eastern edge of the map, bring Raynor to open the Fog of War so you can see what is above the ramp. There is 1 Hydra. Don’t bring the troops up the ramp yet. If you do that, it will increase the view range, and all the enemies from the north and south will aggro simultaneously at you.
- Line up the Marines on the ramp, with Raynor in high ground. Then use Raynor to lure the group to the north: 2 Zerglings and 1 Hydra.
- To the south: 1 Hydra on the left, and 1 Hydra on the right side with 2 Zerglings.
- The Infested Command Center is located at the top-right corner of the mini-map. You can either clear the whole map (optional) or go straight to the Infested Command Center to complete the mission.
Firebat: What the hell did they do to that Command Center?
Raynor: Whatever it is, it ain’t natural. Burn it, boys.
Adivisor: Receiving incoming transmission…
Duke: Marshal Raynor, by destroying a vital Confederate installation, you and your men have violated standing colonial law. As of right now, you’re all under arrest. I suggest you throw down your weapons and come peacebly.
Raynor: Are you outta your mind!? If we hadn’t burned that damn factory, this entire colony could have been overrun! Maybe if you hadn’t taken your sweet time in getting here–
Duke: Now I asked you nice the first time, boy. I didn’t come here to talk with you. Now throw down them weapons!
Raynor: Guess you wouldn’t be a Confederate if you weren’t a complete pain in the ass.
- Colonial Militia
- Jormungand Brood