Boot Camp | StarCraft: Remastered (Terran Campaign #1)
TERRAN CAMPAIGN: REBEL YELL
In the decade since the end of the Guild Wars, the oppressive Terran Confederacy has stood unchallenged in its supremacy over colonized space.
All of that changed four days ago when a large alien fleet emerged from warp-space and laid waste to the unsuspecting Confederate colony of Chau Sara.
The Confederacy, fearing that the alien fleet’s next target will be the colony of Mar Sara, has sent you to intervene. Acting as Magistrate, you are to safeguard the colonists and keep their state of panic from escalating any further.
Office of the Colonial Magistrate
Mar Sara Colony
2:25 SCT, 12.12.2499
- Build 3 Supply Depots
- Build a Refinery
- Gather 100 Vespene Gas
Advisor: Welcome to Mar Sara, Magistrate. The equipment demonstration you requested is prepared and may be initiated at your convenience.
Simply select “Start” to begin the demonstration. You may skip the demonstration by selecting “Skip Tutorial.”
Whenever you feel you are ready you may select “Start.”
Advisor: The T-280 SCV is the cornerstone of our hostile-environment construction and resource gathering operations.
In order to build a thriving colony, numerous SCVs are necessary.
You can build additional SCVs at a Command Center.
In order to equip additional personnel you must have enough supply depots to support them.
You can use SCVs to build additional supply depots.
- Select an SCV.
- Click on the Build Structure button.
- Click on the Build Supply Depot button.
UNITS - You are provided 1 SCV, and 16 Marines.
BUILDINGS - Command Center and 1 Supply Depot which covers 18 units.
RESOURCES - 150 Minerals
TIP: After receiving a transmission, you can use the SPACE BAR to center on the source of the transmission.
- Send your only SCV to gather minerals.
- Click the Command Center (Press S ) to train 1 SCV (50 ).
- Click that trained SCV and press B to open the build structure submenu , then press S to build a Supply Depot (100 ).
- Select all 16 Marines and move them together outside the SCV and Command Center area.
- Click the Command Center and press the LIFT OFF button . Now land the Command Center closer to the minerals. This willl reduce the mineral gathering time, plus increase and speed up production.
- Once the first Supply Depot is built, send that SCV to gather minerals.
- Once you have a total of 7 SCVs (23/26 ) and have 100 Minerals available, build a third Supply Depot.
- Keep training SCVs as 50 Minerals become available.
- Once you have 3 Supply Depots total, reach 26/34 capacity, and have 100 Minerals — Select an SCV, press B to open the Build Structure submenu , then press R to build a Refinery .
Vespene Gas counter activated.
Advisor: The Refinery processes raw Vespene gas, converting it into a form which your SCVs can gather.
NOTE: Multiple SCVs can gather Vespene from the same Refinery, but only one SCV can be inside the Refinery at a time.
- Command a total of 3 SCVs to gather Vespene Gas at the Refinery.
- Gather 100 Vespene Gas to complete the Map Objectives.
Advisor: This concludes the equipment demonstration. There will now be a fully catered reception at Mar Sara Base.
If you are bored, you can send your 16 Marines to explore the map. This will trigger a dialogue:
- You can click the RIGHT MOUSE button to issue Auto Commands.
- Right clicking on the ground issues a move command.
- Right clicking on an enemy issues an attack command.
Marine: Permission to speak freely, sir? I’m not sure you know what you’re doing. If you’re going to send us into hostile territory and you want us to defend ourselves, use the ATTACK command.
If you want us to ignore enemy fire and go exactly to the spot you’ve targeted, use the MOVE command.
TIP: The image below shows Zergling as purple dots in the mini-map.
- Colonial Militia
- Fenris Brood