Desperate Alliance | StarCraft: Remastered (Terran Campaign #4)
Adjutant: Receiving incoming transmission. Com-link established:
Duke: I got your message, Magistrate, and frankly I don’t care what you have to say about Confederate regulations. You damn fringe world yokels are all alike, don’t know where your loyalties lie. Y’all have a real good day now, y’hear?
Adjutant: Transmission ended. The report you requested is ready. Sixteen outland stations have reported sightings of the alien invaders identified as Zerg. The Confederates have arrested all standing militia forces and continue to avoid action against the Zerg. Three stations have fallen to the Zerg already. We’ve been unable to locate any source of military relief except… the extremist faction known as The Sons of Korhal. Their liaison is holding on line.
Mengsk: Good day, Magistrate. My name is Arcturus Mengsk, and I represent The Sons of Korhal. You’re familiar with the Confederate propaganda surrounding my group, but your reputation suggests you’ll see past it. It’s never been our practice to operate in any one place for long, but these Zerg don’t look like they’re going to wait. I’m going to make you an offer, Magistrate. I’d like to help you out by sending down a number of transports to your colony and evacuating any survivors.
You know, of course, that my organization operates outside the bounds of Confederate law. That’s why they spread their lies and misinformation. If you decide to accept our help, you’ll be branded as an outlaw too. But, it’s a chance to save those people. Time to make a stand, Magistrate.
Adjutant: Ending transmission. Priority Alert! Evacuation Zone under attack by Zerg forces. Distress beacon activated at 1220.
Office of the Colonial Magistrate
Mar Sara Colony
- Survive for 30 Minutes.
EDITOR: You start with 3 SCVs, 6 Marines (next to the Command Center);
3 Marines and a Vulture at the east entrance by the Bunker;
3 Marines and a Vulture at the north entrance; 3 Marines
at the northern high ground,
and 1 Marine at the southern high ground. 16 Marines total.
Resources: 100 and 25/34 .
Buildings: Command Center, a Barracks, Terran Academy, Terran Engineering Bay, 2 Bunkers,
2 Terran Missile Turrets, and 3 Supply Depots already on the base.
Vulture: Hey, this thing’s on fire! You oughta’ send an SCV out here and repair it, and fix my bike up too while he’s at it.
- Send the 3 SCVs to mine Minerals.
- Select 4 Marines and click the Bunker so they enter it (north and south Bunkers).
- Train 3 SCV at the Command Center.
- Bring the Vulture to the northern Bunker area. Set it to HOLD position.
- Move the Command Center closer to the Minerals.
- Send an SCV to build a Refinery to gather Vespene Gas.
- Train additional Marines.
- Build a Supply Depot.
- Train more SCVs. You should have trained about 10 SCVs in the first 4 minutes. Send 2 extra SCVs to the Refinery.
- As soon as you have 150 and 150 start Research U-238 Shells at the Terran Academy building to increase the range of your Marines.
- Continue to train SCVs and Marines in a 1:1 ratio until you are over 43/50, and build new Supply Depots as needed. About 7 minutes have passed by now.
- Build a second Barracks.
- Build an additional Bunker on the north and south entrances, and move 4 Marines inside each.
- Continue to train Marines, and build a third and fourth Bunker on the North and South entrances. Command the Marines to enter them once finished.
- Go to the Terran Engineering Bay and Upgrade Infantry Weapons .
- Build an additional Turret on each side. Mutalisks will start coming when the countdown reaches 20:00.
- Build a third and fourth Barracks.
- Continue to train marines.
- Build two additional Bunkers on both sides. You should have 6 bunkers on each side by 15:00 — full with marines.
- Start building Supply Depots in front of the Bunkers to slow down the large incoming waves of zerglings that start coming around 13:00.
- Around this time you should be somewhere around 113/122 units. Mostly Marines.
- Make sure to have at least 2-3 SCVs on each side, ready to repair bunkers and turrets.
- Around 2:00, send all of your extra Marines outside of the base. A huge wave of Zerg will reach the southern bridge around 1:52. Don’t fight inside the bridge. Move and clump the Marines together near the Mar Sara sign.
- Wait until the 30:00 minutes countdown finishes.
TIP: Don’t stand on the bridge, or past the bridge. Your Marines will die to the massive wave of over 30 zerglings, and a few Mutalisks and Hydras that are coming when the countdown reaches 2:00.
Instead, clump all of your marines at the Mar Sara sign. Their U-238 Shells upgrade will shoot them down from afar. Hold position.
Adjutant: Ten minutes until dropship arrival.
Adjutant: Five minutes until dropship arrival.
Adjutant: One minute until dropship arrival.
Adjuntant: Sons of Korhal dropships approaching.
Dropship Pilot: Strap yourselves in, boys.
- Colonial Militia
- Jormungand Brood